Taking a trip
The go-to guide for borrowing cars through Car Next Door - everything you need to know about taking a trip in your neighbourhood share cars.
- How do I rent a car, ute or van?
- What kinds of cars are available? Do you have automatic and manual?
- Can I rent cars in Adelaide, Perth or Canberra? What cities does Car Next Door operate in?
- Can I take my pet in the car?
- Are there cars with child seats?
- How does Car Next Door's carbon offsetting work?
- Using the members' site to book cars and get all your trip instructions
- How a booking works - from start to finish
- How to book a vehicle instantly
- Can I share the driving? Can other people drive a car booked under my account?
- How to cancel or change a booking before it starts (+ cancellation policy / unused time fees explained)
- Can I drive interstate, off-road or take a trip to the snow?
- The 6 Simple Rules of Borrowing your neighbour's car
- How to find a car / view the car's location
- Checking for damage and taking photos - info for borrowers
- What to do if you find a car dirty or messy - info for car borrowers
- Can I use the car to tow a trailer, caravan, or other device?