Try to check your car before and after each booking if possible, or at a minimum once every 10 days. The more time that passes between your checks, the harder it will be to find out who is responsible if you find an issue to report.
When checking your car:
- Look for any new damage - walk around and check against your car's damage log
- Check for anything a Borrower has left behind
- Check that the car is clean and has at least 1/4 tank of fuel.
If you find any new damage:
- Take photos of the damage; and
- Report the damage:
- If it is minor damage / wear and tear that does not need to be repaired, just request an update to your damage log.
- Log in and go to My Car > Profile > scroll down to the Vehicle Damage Log section > click 'Request update'.
- Fill in the details in the form, and upload photos showing the relevant section of the car.
- We'll review your request and update your damage log
- If it is damage that needs further action to be taken, email photos of the damage along with any other information you have (e.g. when you think it occurred and when you discovered it) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were the driver at the time of damage occurring, you may also need to complete this Damage Report Form and obtain a repair quote.
Once we receive the information from you, we will let you know the next steps