What's the difference between CTP insurance & the damage cover provided through Car Next Door's fleet policy?

You will still need to maintain your compulsory third party insurance (or 'greenslip' in NSW) as normal. This is separate and different to the fully comprehensive damage cover that we provide.

Insurance can get a bit confusing! Here's a quick explanation of what's what:

CTP Insurance (Greenslip)

Compulsory third party insurance (CTP), is a legal requirement for all registered vehicles, and must be obtained at the time of renewing your car's registration. Each State and Territory operates its own CTP scheme. Every Car Next Door Car Owner must have CTP insurance in place, and arrange this themselves.

Your CTP Insurance covers injury to third parties if your vehicle is involved in an accident.  It does not cover damage to property, other vehicles or to your vehicle, nor does it cover theft.  

Fully Comprehensive Damage Cover

Your Car Next Door membership includes fully comprehensive damage cover (which means you can cancel any existing fully comprehensive or third party insurance cover you had previously!). This covers you for the damage you (or your Borrowers) cause to someone else's car or property, as well as covers your car for accidental damage, malicious damage and theft.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk