If the vehicle you are driving breaks down or has a flat tyre or flat battery, please:
- call us on (02) 8035 8000 to let us know; and
- call NRMA 24-hour Roadside Assistance on 1300 369 349 (call this number even if you are in Victoria or Queensland - NRMA will then get RACV or RACQ to attend).
- You will need to quote the vehicle’s license plate number to the phone operator.
- Car Next Door's member number is 2068912B
- The Car Next Door Businesswise account has authorisation for batteries to be provided on our account. You do not have to pay for batteries on the spot.
- If the car is not on the system for any reason, we have an agreement that it will be covered. Sam Khoury has authorised these conditions.
- You will need to wait with the car until Roadside Assistance arrives
This is a free service to Car Next Door members, and nine out of ten problems can be fixed on the spot.
If not, the car will be towed to the nearest repairer, and we will help to arrange replacement transport (within the metro area).
Out-of-town breakdowns are very rare, but to protect yourself against any loss or cost in the event that a car you have booked breaks down while you’re a long way from home, we strongly suggest that you purchase travel insurance. We will do all we can to help you get back on the road in these circumstances, but we won’t provide compensation.