All cars listed with Car Next Door are covered by 24/7 Roadside Assist from NRMA. This is a free service to Car Next Door members. You can use it whether you are a borrower, or an owner driving your own car.
Roadside Assist will come to your car (usually within an hour) to help in the case of a breakdown, flat tyre, dead battery, accident, locked-in keys or any other disabling vehicle problem.
If you need Roadside Assist
- call us on (02) 8035 8000 to let us know; and
- call NRMA 24-hour Roadside Assistance on 1300 369 349 (call this number even if you are in Victoria or Queensland - NRMA will then get RACV or RACQ to attend).
- You will need to quote the vehicle’s license plate number to the phone operator.
- Car Next Door's member number is 2068912B
- The Car Next Door Businesswise account has authorisation for batteries to be provided on our account. You do not have to pay for batteries on the spot.
- If the car is not on the system for any reason, we have an agreement that it will be covered. Please call Car Next Door.
- You will need to wait with the car until Roadside Assistance arrives
Roadside Assist plan inclusions
- 24/7 mechanical assessment nationwide
- Flat battery and battery replacement (however Owners need to pay for the cost of a new battery if one is required)
- Lost, locked-in or damaged key assistance
- Tyre changing help
- Up to 20km free towing in metropolitan areas; and free towing to the nearest service centre in regional areas.
This is a free service to Car Next Door members, and nine out of ten problems can be fixed on the spot.
If not, the car will be towed to the nearest repairer, and we will help to arrange replacement transport (within the metro area).
Tip for car borrowers
Out-of-town breakdowns are very rare, but to protect yourself against any loss or cost in the event that a car you have booked breaks down while you’re a long way from home, we strongly suggest that you purchase travel insurance. We will do all we can to help you get back on the road in these circumstances, but we won’t provide compensation.
Tip for car owners
If you already have roadside assistance when you list your car on the Car Next Door platform, you can cancel it to save some cash.