If you get a speeding fine, parking fine or other traffic infringement notice while borrowing a car, you will be responsible for paying the fine plus an admin fee, and taking any associated demerit points.
- If you were issued a parking fine during your booking, pay it straight away and email a photo of the fine to firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of payment.
- If the car owner gets a ticket that you are responsible for, Car Next Door will send you a notification.
- If we do not receive any response from you within 2 days, we will charge the amount to your card (along with a $20 admin fee), and pay the fine.
- If we are not able to collect the amount on your card, then we will ask the owner to nominate you as the person responsible for the fine, and the agency will re-issue the fine directly to you. Because there’s more hassle and paperwork involved for the owner and us in transferring the fine to you, we will charge a $40 admin fee in this case.
For speeding fines or infringements involving demerit points
- We will ask the owner to nominate you as the person responsible for the fine, and the agency will re-issue the fine directly to you.
- Because there’s more hassle and paperwork involved for the owner and us in transferring the fine to you, we will charge a $40 admin fee.
If you think you have been assigned a fine incorrectly
For all fines involving demerit points, we always follow the process outlined above to reassign the fine to you. Once the fine is in your name you can contest it with the relevant authority.
For all other fines, there are two courses of action:
- If you believe the authority issued the infringement in error, we will follow the process above to reassign the fine to you and you can dispute it directly with the relevant authority
- If you believe you are not responsible for the infringement as it occurred outside your booking time, let us know as soon as we notify you of the fine and we will investigate further. Note that borrowers are responsible for returning the car to an unrestricted parking zone, and are liable for paying any fine for failure to do so, even if the fine was issued after the conclusion of the booking time.