For many people, renting your car out is about offsetting your car's costs while still being able to drive it when you want to. But if making a profit is your driving motivation, choose:
- a van or ute with plenty of cargo space
- within 5 kilometres of the city
- in good condition
Vehicles that earn the most, in order of performance:
- People Mover
- Medium Sedan
Please note: we have never been able to establish any trends towards particular makes and models.
Promising location where there is existing high demand:
- 5km radius of the city in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne
- Inner North (MEL), East & Inner West (SYD)
- Additionally, Manly & Chatswood (SYD) and St Kilda (MEL) all perform very well
Other factors that influence number of bookings and general profitability:
- Exterior Condition
- Interior Condition
- Mechanical reliability
- Features including Bluetooth connectivity and GPS navigation
Some common questions:
Do different locations demand different types of vehicles?
Not that we have noticed
Should I buy a van or a sedan if I'm out to make a decent profit?
If there are other vehicles in my chosen location, does that have a positive or negative impact for me?
The Owner Income Guarantee: