We offer two membership plans for borrowers: our no-monthly-fee Featherweight membership, and the $19-per-month Heavyweight plan for regular users.
- No monthly fees
- $5 booking fee per booking
- Standard Damage Cover Liability (DCL) of $2000 (or $2500 for drivers under 25)
- Optional extra fee to reduce DCL to $500 for each booking ($1.50/hour or $18/day; or $2.00/hour or $24/day for drivers under 25)
- $19 per month membership fee
- No booking fees
- Lowest possible Damage Cover Liability (DCL) of $500 for every trip (or $1000 for drivers under 25)
Which plan is right for me?
Our plans suit different types of users. For frequent users it works out cheaper to choose the Heavyweight plan, despite the monthly fee. One whole-day booking per month would cost $24 in booking and DCL reduction fees, so you’d be $5 better off on the Heavyweight plan (and even more if you use the service more regularly). However, if you don’t think you would use Car Next Door every month, you might prefer the Featherweight plan.
How to switch plans
There are no lock-in contracts with either plan and it’s quick and easy to switch between the two by logging into the members’ site.