Before you drive, you must:
- Check the car against the damage log. You can find it when you log in and view your trip instructions (from 15 minutes before your booking start time), or in your booking confirmation email.
- Take at least four photos of the vehicle, making sure that they show all surfaces (the views should overlap so that you don’t miss any corners). These photos are essential to protect you in the case of a damage dispute. Keep them for at least 30 days after your booking ends.
- Even if it's dark, do your best to take clear photos – but watch the traffic and don’t endanger yourself!
- If you find any damage that is not in the damage log, report it by emailing a picture of the damage to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a description of:
- The kind of damage
- The size and area of the damage (note whether it is the driver’s or passenger’s side, and whether inside or outside the vehicle)
- Which panels are impacted.
(If the damage is significant or you do not want to drive the car, call us and select Option 1 on the voice menu.)
If any damage is discovered after your booking that is not in the damage log, and you did not take clear photos to document it or report it before you started to drive the vehicle, then you may be held responsible for it.
Remember to take photos again at the end of your booking, and keep these for at least 30 days.